What causes severe pain in hand and wrist post an injury?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Sat, 23 Apr 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello,

I fell off my bike last august. I fell on my left hand on pavement. My hand was initially bruised and hurt. since August 2015, I have had pain when trying to do a push up as well as playing guitar. If I put pressure on the area where my wrist meets my left hand going up to my left thumb(palm down)right at the wrist on the inside below the thumb. what could this be and how do I begin to address it?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I need to have little more detail of the illness

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think you are having ligament injury or a hair line fracture. I would like to suggest you following.
1.Get MRI of the wrist. It will confirm the diagnosis. If there is any tenosynovitis or any fluid accumulation in the wrist then you can be benefitted from steroid injection.
2.Hot water fomentation and physiotherapy is helpful.
3.Wrist splint can be applied.
4.Tablet Etoricoxib 90 mg one OD.
i hope these steps will be helpful for you.Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
thanks