question-icon

What causes severe pain in chest, left arm, left leg and swollen back?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: Hi Dr, I am 28 year old female past from 1 week severe chest pain with left arm & left leg (Ankle part)swollen and back pain feel very tired. my ecg & echo were normal still not able to sleep chest pains a low pls help.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You need evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that I think you should be evaluated for arthritis . Since you have ankle swelling , back pain and chest pain arthritis may be a possibilty .I would like to know whether anybody in your family had arthritis or psoriasis . Also I would like to see your blood tests plus I would suggest you to get ESR ,RF, Anti CCP , HLA B 27 done to look for arthritis panel .

You can discuss about these with your treating doctor .

Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (3 minutes later)
Hi Dr XXXXXXX

Thanks for your reply. ESR have done last week and reports were normal. this have done because I had a lipoma at my tempol region. Almost from one month am not feeling well at all. My hb count is 10.5 and Vit d little low.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (3 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Follows .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Please attach your reports , I will have a look and also the medicines you are taking at present .

Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (12 minutes later)
attached for your refernce
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Your Hb and Vitamin D is low but that would not explain the swelling over ankle joint . For that arthritis panel has to be done . For chest pain then it may be bony pain thats troubling you not the issue with heart as the cardiac reports are fine .I think you should see a rheumatologist for the same because it will be very difficult to say anything without examining you .

Dr. Shruti
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist