What causes severe pain in anal area?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Fri, 17 Apr 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been suffering from severe pain in the anal area. Later a small bulb like projection was seen towards the outside of the anal canal. i have been taking in ratanhia homeo medication since two days to combat tge hemorrhoid kind of syptom. The pain had come down reasonably but the protrusion remained.
since yesterday my periods started and now the anal pain has become anal itching and the sides of the anal opening is itching. The vaginal ares esp vulva has also been itching profusely since today. I used to have white vaginal discharge a month Back. but thwre has been no vaginal itching since month till ywsterdat. now its very severe when it has come with menstruation and also the anal Itching.

Can there any specific reason for the hemorrhoid? Is this associated with wirh the itching in the vagina? It often gives a tendency to go to toilet but just mucous discharge comes out.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal itching is most likely Yeast infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Vaginal itching and whitish discharge can be due to yeast infection. It can spread on anal area also. Using clotrimazole cream is effective for this. Clotrimazole is available as over the counter in brands like monistat. You can use that for vaginal and anal area.

Avoid using soaps and irritants to wash vaginal and anal area. You can use warm saline or warm water for this. Sits bath will be helpful for hemorrhoids.

You should take fibre rich food to decrease incidence of hemorrhoids. Recurring constipation and not going to toilet when you having urge is the main reason for hemorrhoid. Taking raw vegetable salads, whole grain meals, whole fruits and lot of plain water is helpful for easing constipation and avoiding hemorrhoids.

If still there is irritation over the counter hemorrhoid creams can be used also. Hemorrhoid creams contain cinchocaine and corticosteroid like hydrocortisone is helpful also.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
How long does it take for to get cured of Hemorrhoids on using the cream? Can I have the cream name to be used?
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Usually within a week and not more than 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for your follow up query.

Usually within a week hemorrhoids will be cleared and not more than 2 weeks. If taking more than 2 weeks or severe pain then approach a general surgeon as this can be due to prolapsed or thrombosed hemorrhoid.

There are several over the counter hemorrhoid creams available. Proctosedyl (cinchocaine and Hydrocortisone) ,Tranolane, Preparation H are some of it. You can use it after sits bath.

Let me know if anything not clear. I am happy to help you.
Thanks.