What causes severe pain in abdomen?
Need details of the pain
Thanks for the query
Severe pain is often due to renal stones. However to be sure I need the following details
1. Which side of the abdomen is the pain? Right or left?
2. Is it dull aching or sharp shooting?
3. Is it radiating towards your groin?
4. Do you have family history of renal stones?
People who have had renal stones have about 75% chance of recurrence. Here is what you should do for the pain and stone. Get an ultrasound of the abdomen immediately to looks for stones
1. The ideal tablet would be Tab Diclofenac twice a day for 3 days, this tablet might require a prescription. Tab paracetamol three times a day will also help reduce the pain
2. Drink atleast 3-4 litres of water in a day
4. Avoid chocolates, spinach, red meat
5. Most importantly you must reduce your salt intake to less than 3 grams a day. One tea spoon of salt is approx 2 grams
Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in abdomen and vomiting during pregnancy
- What causes severe pain in abdomen when sneezing
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs