• question-icon

What causes severe pain followed by swelling in the foot?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: WATCHING TV GOT UP TO GO TO BED MY RIGHT FOOT BECAME VERY PAINFUL LIKE ALL THE BONES HURT AND IT WAS HARD TO USE IT. NEXT DAY GOT UP WORSE NEEDED TO GET THE OLD CRUTCH AND USE IT, PAIN ALL DAY. THAT NIGHT WRAPPED IT IN AN ACE BANDAGE. THIS MORNING PAIN ALMOST GONE AND MY FOOT IS SWOLLEN.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be arthritis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain followed by swelling can be due to arthritis or plantar fasciitis. This can be due to an inflammation. You need a thorough clinical examination followed by investigations under the guidance of an orthopedician.
Till then for symptomatic relief, you can take over the counter analgesics, do hot fomentation and apply local analgesic gel on the affected area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon