What causes severe pain, burning sensation and itching in left eye?

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Wed, 10 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: These days i am experiencing lot of pain in my left Eye, i am experiencing burning sensations also, i am continously working on my LAPTOP for the past 2 months, is there any suggesion which will reduce my Itching in my EYE
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eye strain

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query

Your burning/itching sensation is due to eye dryness and eye muscle strain because of continous starring/focusing on laptop screening

Your eyes need rest.

Try to stay off the computer but if that's not possible, take 5-10 minute breaks while using it.

If that doesn't help, you can purchase an over the counter eye drop Visine or Clear Eyes Triple Action which would help you to reduce irritation.

Do eye exercises, look up and down, side to side, shift your focus on things at different distances.

Meet local Ophthalmologist once and get your eyes tested

Thank you

Dr Priyanka

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj