What causes severe pain between breast?

Question
a couple of days ago I experienced out of the blue and pretty intense pain right between my breast along with a sought of burning feeling as well as extreme tightness I am a 57 yr old female with no heart issues I had been under a lot of stress days before this happened. I feel a little dizzy at present and just not myself should I be concerned .
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
gastro- esophageal reflux

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.

All your symptoms are related to stress and age related relaxation of lower esophageal sphincter and that is why you are getting esophageal reflux of contents of your stomach.
All you need to do is
- don't lie down immediately after taking meals
- take small frequent meals
- avoid spicy and fried meals
- drink lots of water
- take cold milk whenever you experience these symptoms
- get a baseline ECG just in case it is related to heart disease anyway.
In case you have other questions I will be happy to help.