What causes severe pain around anus associated with sensation of incomplete evacuation?
Possibility of colitis
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Severe pain around and anus associated with sensation of incomplete evacuation(Tenesmus) is likely to be due to pelvic muscle spasm (Proctalgia Fugax). I assume anal fissure or painful anal condition has been ruled out.
Persistent liquid stools along with features of Tenesmus possibility of Colitis needs to be considered.
Was stool examination carried out anytime?
I would suggest you the following
1. Get Stool examination done to rule out any infection as cause of your symptoms
2. Urine examination
3. Antibiotics: Empirical treatment with Cirprofloxacin and Tinidazole for 10 days will be effective
4. Hot seitz bath: To a tub of lukewarm water add handful of common table salt. Sit in it immersing your bottom for 15 to 20 minutes. It will relax pelvic muscle
5. High fiber diet
do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in bladder and penis
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What causes severe pain in my anus
- What causes severe pain under skin near anus
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs