What causes severe pain and yellow discharge from the ears?

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi Doctor
i have mild ear pain yesterday. today morning i see some light yellowish bleeding from ear.
can please prescribe some medicine.
thanks
xxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be ear wax. Get the ear examined first.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The light yellowish bleeding may be ear wax, especially if you have used some ear drops or tried to clean the ear.

2. You should ideally get the ear checked with an otoscope. This will help accurately diagnose the problem. An ENT specialist will be able to help you.

3. It is better if you avoid using any ear drops till then. Meanwhile you can have an OTC painkiller tablet such as Croci twice a day after food.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.