What causes severe pain and swelling in legs while treating blood sugar?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My mother is suffering from blood sugar, BP and taking regular medicine for it. During 2 week of August she got ill and doctor diagonased Viral. All blood / urine reports were normal.
How're since then she has severe pain in Legs. Specially from last 3-4 days pain is so severe that she can't even stand and go to washroom (urinating in tumbler) . After looking the legs, it seems that she has swelling in the legs.
Please help / guide
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Viral infection

Detailed Answer:

Most of the viral illness can cause arthritis which can persist for 1 or 2 weeks even after the fever stops.

Post viral myalgia (muscular pain) or arthritis (joint pains) are best treated with simple anti-inflammatory medications like Tab Motrin 400 mg taken twice daily after food for 5 days.

If the joint pains persist for duration longer than 2 weeks, there is a need for investigations to rule out systemic inflammatory diseases. Tests like rheumatoid factor, CRP (C-reactive protein) and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). Depending on the reports treatment plan shall be formulated.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137