What causes severe pain and swelling in left testicle due to epididymitis?
Should I seek another opinion or does this sound like a regular process? My doctor is telling me that I should be completely better by CHRISTMAS! So, Oct. 5th to Dec. 25th. This doesn't sound right to me.
Itshould have recovered completely by this time.
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone vasectomy 6 weeks back and unfortunately developed abscess due to unabsorbable suture (silk) used to tie up the severed end of Vas difference and epididymitis on Left side which is being treated with antibiotics till this date but the pain is still persistent to the same severity .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Was a pus from the abscess sent for culture and sensitivity to trace out the organisms causing infection ?
2) Have you been taking anti inflammatory medication with antibiotics.?
Under normal circumstances this should have been resolved by this time .
I would suggest you to do Ultrasound Scanning of scrotum done to rue out any residual infection .
Epididymis takes long time to get cured completely hence you will need to take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report for 4 weeks along with anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac and Serropeptidase twice daily.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
While I was hospitalized I was given a very rigorous course of IV antibiotics. Three bags (not sure what kind they all were) every 12 hours. This course began as soon as I was admitted. After my discharge I was given cephflex for 7 days. The only anti-inflammatory I am on is Motrin OTC. I take about 3 to 4 thousand milligrams a day.
The pain is far less now than it was when I went to the ER. It just seems odd that I would be in pain still. Only the left testicle was infected but both are equally tender. My Vas is also very tender on the both sides.
After reading your comments it sounds as if the healing process from the Epididymitis could take a while longer. My Doctor is a really great doc, but I'm getting worried that he's not telling me everything. A vasectomy should not result in a hospitalization 13 weeks after the procedure.
Do not worry it will get cured completely .
Thanks for follow up .
It does happens once in a while and you are one of those most unfortunate to have it
Do not worry it will get resolved over a period of 4-6 weeks .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Epididymitis severe pain in chest
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- Epididymitis severe pain
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- What causes severe pain ans swelling in vagina
- Lump in lower left leg causing severe pain
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?