What causes severe pain and stiffness in the shoulder and knee?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: both of my shoulders and my right knee aches in my joints and musle . Sometime it will go away or leave one side of my body and ache just on the right side.I cant raise my arms over my head
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I need little more detail of the illness

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think you are having myalgia or muscle pain. This is due to fatigue or lack of salt in body.Before I advised you anything I would like to know little detail of the illness.
1.Since when you are having these symptoms?
2.Do you have any heavy workout or fever recently?
3.Do you have Diabetes, smoking habit or Thyroid problem?
Please send me answers of these questions.I will try my best to help you.
thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 18 minutes later
I do smoke regular and I drink more than 3 times a week. I'm trying to stop so I can get into shape. I don't have any swelling of XXXXXXX or fever. Doc checked me out. I drink plenty of water everyday no sodas! I m 5'9 and weigh around 190 no muscle. I be taken ibuprofen pills also but no relief

It's an all day stiffness of pain. It has been going on awhile in my right shoulder but mildly thought it might be a mild case of arthritis.but now it has increased in pain and has traveled to left side of shoulder. Sometimes it hurt feels like a blood clot.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it will go in three to four days

Detailed Answer:
I think you have muscle spasm of back and neck. This can occur due to sudden twisting or sleeping in wrong position. Taking single day muscle relaxant would not going to cure it. I will suggest you following.
1.Hot water fomentation
2.Continue cyclobenzoprine and Diclofenec for three days.
3.Volitran gel can be applied.
I hope your pain will improve in next three days.Let me know if their is any other followup questions.
thanks