What causes severe pain and stiffness at the back of the neck?
Muscle relaxant will help.
Thanks for posting your query.
The severe pain and stiffness at the back of the neck is likely to be due to a muscle spasm. This needs an oral muscle relaxant in combination with a pain killer for relief. You need to consult your physician to get these prescribed. Right now you can start doing a hot compress in the area and avoid using a pillow. Applying a local muscle relaxant gel will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain at back and legs
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in neck arms and thighs
- What could cause severe pain in lower back with vomiting
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs