What causes severe pain and pressure in the back?
now. He took two tylenols.
usually due to muscle spasms
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Squeezing sensation usually implies that there is spasm/tightening of the muscles.
It can sometimes be relieved by pain medication only but in other persons additional treatment may be needed eg a warm compress to relax the muscles and a muscle relaxant.
There are stronger pain meds, if he can use one eg naproxen or ibuprofen
Eg of muscle relaxants are flexeril. baclofen
Muscle spasms usually occur with increased activity or an abnormal movement.They usually resolve within a few days. '
If his pain is severe however, when he wakes up , or not responding to treatment, then he may need to be seen
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What indicates severe pain in scapula fingers and back
- What causes severe pain in the upper back shoulders
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain at back and legs
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What could cause severe pain in lower back with vomiting
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?