What causes severe pain and numbness in the face and body?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My son is 36 , we took my dad to Tunica for the day on his 81st birthday, my son did not drink or smoke but he stayed up all night and tried to sleep on the drive back home, 4 hours he was nodding off and on, in a SUV full of family, he was in a uncomfortable position, I tell you this so you know what is going on before hand. He has been sleeping ever since he got back and in pain and numbness to his face and body, so his wife took him to emergency and ran cat scan, blood work, ekg, and test all to be normal, so I sent him to my friend a chiropractor he worked on him yesterday, and still no relief, his face still numb we are baffled and don't know what to do? should his wife take him to see Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, he needs further evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.

I have noted your clinical details. Based on this, your son needs further evaluation, as a specific cause has not been found to explain his symptoms. In addition to detailed neurological examination, he would also require MRI of brain and spine, and nerve conduction studies.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in