What causes severe ovary pain while standing in a post menopausal woman?
Can be due to many causes.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The symptoms of lower abdomen pain,more on standing could be due to one of the following conditions:-
1. Tubo Ovarian cyst
2. Any pelvic infection related to the intestines or colon (Enteritis Or Colitis).
3. Urinary tract infection - may have associated dysuria and frequency.
4. Renal calculus.
5. Muscular pain.
You might benefit by visiting the Emergency Room so that you can be evaluated with a panel of blood tests and a ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis OR a CT scan to diagnose the underlying condition and initiate necessary interventions for proper treatment.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
No dysuria or frequency.
No other pain of any kind.
And no local doctor or insurance
Can be renal stone or ovarian cyst.
Thanks for writing again.
The pain can be due to ovarian pathology or a renal calculus. As the pain is persistent for four days it is best to get an ultrasound scan done to find out the cause.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in ovaries with red blood discharge
- What could cause pain in upper stomach and ovaries
- Will seizure causes pain in ovaries
- Ovaries pain cause foot pain
- Growth on ovary cause pain
- Sneeze causes pain in ovaries
- What causes pain in ovaries after unprotected sex
- What causes polycystic ovaries
- What causes ovary to hurt
- Causes of right ovary pain