What causes severe numbness and pins and needles in the throat?
Possible diagnoses explained
Thank you for using HCM to post your question.
I read it carefully and I understand your concern.
I see you are getting treated for a backterial infection (with Augumentin) and also for acid reflux (with Nexium). So both of these conditions can be possible to cause that sensation. A physical exam would give an idea which is more possible.
Also another cause can be also a post nazal drip. This is more possible in case you have blocked nose and secretions driping from the back of the nose.
I would like to mention also the stones in tonsils. You may have that sensation and notice a white stone stucked in the folds of the tonsils.
These are my thoughts.
Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.
Otherwise please kindly close and rate the answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe numbness in forehead
- Why do i have severe numbness while sleeping
- What causes pins and needles and numbness in the foot
- Treatment and cure for Severe numbness
- What causes pins and needles in the mouth
- Drugs/medication for Severe numbness
- Symptoms of Severe numbness
- Diagnosis of Severe numbness
- Severe numbness causes
- Severe numbness in ankle after sprain