What causes severe night sweats?
Question: I AM 42 YEARS OLD. Having major night sweats right before and during my period. Also my breast are sore and tender. Almost as if I was pregnant. But, I assure I'm not. Also very painful periods at times and nausea and constipation usually happen a week to two weeks before. What's going on? Yes hot flashes. But I've had those for years. After my first son was born 17 years ago.
Brief Answer: PERI MENOPAUSE LIKELY Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I think that most of your symptoms fit into the group of peri menopausal symptoms. This is characterized by hot flashes, night sweats, breast soreness, exaggerated pre menstrual symptoms etc. You can confirm the diagnosis by visiting a gynecologist and having a thorough internal evaluation. Also estimation of the following hormones will provide a diagnosis - FSH , LH, Serum estradiol. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
People also viewed
- What causes severe night sweats
- How to get rid of severe night sweats
- Severe night sweats in men
- Severe night sweats recurring condition cause of concern
- Men severe night sweats smells like vinegar
- What causes excessive night sweats
- Reason for severe night sweats and increased sex drive
- Severe night sweats nthat smell
- Severe night sweats wake up short of breath
- Severe night sweats and shortness of breath
Questions Answered By Dr. Aarti Abraham