What causes severe night sweats in the pelvic area and thighs?

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have night sweats from the knees to the hips... which sometimes is followed by shivering.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be pressure on the nerve.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
Night sweats from knee to hips are very uncommon- more likely to be feeling of burning or cold in the area during sleep. This condition usually occurs when there is pressure on the nerve at spinal canal ( Spinal Canal Stenosis).
for this I recommend MRI of Lower Lumbar spine. And start a combination of pregabalin and methycobalamine for the time being.
Also please send your complaint in more detail.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng