What causes severe night sweats and shooting pain in hip joint?
Sorry to learn about your medical complaints.
As you have yourself surmised, the night sweats are likely related to menopause. But I see you are already on estradiol. However, the dose needs to be adjusted to keep the symptoms under control.
If the symptoms are truly due to menopause, getting the estradiol dose right should help.
When I see someone like you in my practice I increase the estradiol dose after discussing the pros and cons.
I also first run routine labs like
to make sure there are no problems with hemoglobin, liver and kidney functions.
In general I like to check their HbA1c and 25 hydroxy vitamin D levels due as the risk for diabetes and bone loss is higher at this stage of life.
Often I end up referring them to a gynecologist for more options on managing menopausal symptoms.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes joint pain and night sweats during menopause
- What causes severe night sweats
- How to get rid of severe night sweats
- Severe night sweats in men
- Severe night sweats recurring condition cause of concern
- Men severe night sweats smells like vinegar
- Reason for severe night sweats and increased sex drive
- Severe night sweats nthat smell
- Severe night sweats wake up short of breath
- Severe night sweats and shortness of breath