• question-icon

What causes severe nausea, chills, tingling sensation in the limbs and disorientation?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My husband has severe nausea accompanied by a foul smell and mild chill/heat feeling, only when the waves of nausea come. His constant symptoms are tingling in his limbs and a constant feeling of being disoriented, sometimes having a hard time judging what is reality and not.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I see that your question hasn't been picked up by any of the other doctors in 2 hours and that is likely because there isn't a clear cut answer we can provide without tests.

The waves of severe nausea (and is there vomiting also? if so, how many times?) and chills may be due to food poisoning or other form of intoxication from something he ingested. I am particularly concerned about the disorientation and feeling of delusion. This can't be adequately sorted out online. Given the new onset of disorientation and feeling of difficulty judging reality, with no previous history of this, I am going to recommend that he go in to the ER where they can check blood work (serum chemistry, etc) and examine him.

I'm sorry I can't give you a definitive answer of what is going on without exam and tests, but I can point you in the right direction of what to do now.

I welcome you to let me know how he is doing after he is evaluated in the ER.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh