What causes severe nausea and dizziness after taking Norvasc?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My spouse has not taken his prescribed HBP Rx, Norvasc and now experiencing servere nauseus feeling and dizziness. Related to not taking medication? He just took two tablets now.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get his blood pressure checked up as soon as possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Amlodipine is a anti hypertensive medication.
As per your question Yes,dizziness and nausea can be due to rise in blood pressure due to his missed dose.I would suggest you to go to the nearest emergency room and get his blood pressure checked up,If you have a automatic Blood pressure machine with you please do take his blood pressure.As you have mentioned that he has taken two pills now,You can wait for a few hours.If the problem is because of missed dose it will settle down in an hour or so.However if the problem persists after an hour viral infection or gastric problem can be given a consideration.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D