What causes severe muscle weakness?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: HI,
I spoke with you earlier about muscle weakness disease, I found information about multifocal motor neuropathy. most of my symptoms fit that , what do you think? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be, but tests support is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again and thanks for the direct question.

Symptoms and issues you refer could include multifocal motor neuropathy in differential diagnoses, but other tests are necessary to confirm or exclude it.

Besides EMG findings ( in case of multifocal motor neuropathy there are found conduction blocks ), anti-GM1 antibodies in serological tests are necessary to be measured.

In conclusion, besides supportive clinical manifestations, EMG findings and serology tests should support this diagnosis in order to be sure.

Yours remains a challenging case in this regard.

Please discuss with your Doctor about this diagnosis too, besides before mentioned conditions and examinations.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee