What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?
There is need for correct diagnosis.
Hi, If I were your husband's treating Doctor for this case of muscle twitching, I would first look for correct diagnosis before starting treatment. Muscles twitching may have different causes, these include:
- Non neurological causes ( drug overdose, drug side effects, lack of nutrients in diet, dress etc.)
- Neurological causes ( Amiotrophic lateral sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, weak muscles, spinal muscular atrophy). So, I suggest to consult your husband's local Neurologist and to discus as above and the possibility of imaging study (brain and spinal MRI), nerve conduction study, electromyogram, and blood tests for electrolytes, thyroid gland function, in order to obtain a correct diagnosis. Treatment modalities should be clear after accurate examination. Hope this anwers your question. Feel free to contact us, if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Occasional muscle twitching cause
- Muscle twitching in leg causes
- Causes of involuntary muscle twitching
- What std causes muscle twitching
- What causes random muscle twitching in body
- What causes muscle twitching in the thigh
- Causes of muscle twitching symptoms
- Muscle twitches causes
- What causes muscle twitching in body and face
- Frequent muscle twitching causes
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?