What causes severe muscle tightness and back pain every morning?
This only happens upon waking up. Never any othertime
First, we begin with pain
First there are the questions one would ask about any pain:
localization. If the pain is inside, and affecting breathing and associatd with shortness of breath that is waking someone up, this is a pretty typical (and serious) symptom of heart disease. On the ohter hand if it isn't associated with breathing, but is triggered by moving/twisting and doesn't relate to breathing, and feels outside and like a muscle, then it isn't heart.
Stiff muscles after sleeping is quite common. Obviously trying different mattresses (does it occur when on vacation and staying at a hotel that use commercial Very Stiff Mattresses) would not only indicate that it isn't a serious condition, but wold also show how to fix it!
Muscle pain that is only part of the day, especially if it is not worse by the end f the day is not likely to be due to a serious underlying condiion and aspirin, muscle relaxants, will likely help. (also perhaps chiropracty and/or physical therapy)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes for severe back pain due to muscle strain
- What causes severe lower back pain and constipation
- What causes blood in urine and severe back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- What causes severe stomach pain and back pain
- What causes severe back pain
- What can cause severe low back pain
- What causes lower back pain in morning
- What could cause severe cramps and back pain
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg