What causes severe muscle spasms despite taking medication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
HI I AM A VERY FIT AND HEALTHLY 55 YR OLD DANCER. I AM HAVING EXTREMELY SEVERE MUSCLE SPASMS. EVERY FEW DAYS THEY CHANGE POSITIONS. BEHIND MY RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE TO LEFT TO RIGHT HIP AND THEN LEFT HIP. MORNING IS BARABLE AFTER I STRUGGLE FOR THE FIRST HOUR.BY MID AFTERNOON I CAN BARELY BREATHE. NIGHTS ARE HORRIBLE I TRIED NUMEROUS ALTERNATIVE THINGS AND FINALLY WENT TO THE HOSPITAL YESTERDAY. THEY DID XRAYS, BLOOD WORK AND CAT SCAN. I WAS HOPING IT WAS KIDNET STONES JUST TO HAVE A DIAGNOSIS. THEY PUT ME ON AN ANTI INFLAMMATORY IV AND VALIUM. I FELT CONSIDERABLY BETTER BUT FEEL APART LAST NIGHT AGAIN. I AM STARTING TO GET CONCERNED THEY GAVE ME PREGNOSONE, CARAISOPRODOL AND TRAMADOL. I HAVE A REALLY BAD HEADACHE THAT STARTED LAST NIGHT. I ASSUME FRON THE MEDS. FEELS LIKE A HANGOVER. ANY THOUGHTST
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be deficiency of vit D or Vitamin B12.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
By your description of pain and its pattern , In my opinion the pain is due to some metabolic condition like deficiency of Vitamin D / B12 or diabetes.
I suggest that you get S vitamin D3 and B12 levels and Blood sugar Fasting and after meals.
Start Vit D3 60K once a week and a combination of pregabalin + methycobalamine. ,along with pain killers ( as and when required).
Yes ,the hangover could be due to medicine's side effects .
Please let us know the results of Blood tests also.