What causes severe lower left leg pain after inserting Mirena IUD?
Can be related to Mirena.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The generalized ache that you are having can be a post viral infection effect. This can also be related to hormonal changes caused by Mirena. All these pains will gradually subside in next few weeks. Taking a mild pain killer after meals and increasing your fluid intake will help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
No. It will gradually resolve.
Thanks for writing again.
No. It resolves on its own in 4-6 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes severe lower leg pain
- What is the cause for leg pain after an injury
- Is my leg pain caused by iud
- What causes leg pain and acidity
- What is the cause and treatment for leg pain
- What causes lower leg pain after gallbladder removal
- Severe leg pain causes
- Severe leg pain caused by implanon
- What causes leg pain after masturbation
- What causes severe lower leg pain