What causes severe lower abdominal pain?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: i am 68 years old, and i am having severe pain in my lower abdoman . I have 4 herniated discs from my waist down . Is this the cause of my stomach pain? and what can i do about it?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Severe pain in lower abdomen cannot be due to herniated discs.
It can be due to Uterine problem, Ovarian issue,Appendicitis, Urinary bladder problem. Ultrasound abdomen will give a clue.
Till investigation, I prescribe Antispasmodic tablet containing Dicyclomine to my patients with similar complaints.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Nothing to worry
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng