What causes severe lower abdominal pain?
Was there any trauma or any other symptoms?
Thank for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/44 - severe pain in lower abdomen last week - went away in an hour - noticed a bruise below belly button today - seen the photo
If this bleeding is without any obvious trauma or injury you have to go for the blood tests: the routine and for coagulation profile like bleeding time, clotting time, prothrombine time, platelets and so on.
If there is a history of trauma of whatsoever nature, this will settle with time.
Please tell me if there are any other symptoms you have.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to give feedback if there is any history of trauma or it just occurred on its own and ask for relevant further queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Yes, wait, if no other complaints or additional bruises
If you do not have any other symptoms like pain in abdomen or worsening of symptoms or appearance of similar lesions in other areas of body, you may please wait until you get an appointment with your Doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having lower abdominal pain what could be causing this
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- What is causing the severe right lower abdominal pain
- What is lower abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain after urination
- What causes the sever lower abdominal pain
- What causes constant lower abdominal pain by hip
- What causes lower abdominal pain during pregnancy
- What causes spotting with lower abdominal pain
- What causes severe lower abdominal pain after having abortion