What causes severe lethargy post intake of Fluoxetine?
Hello & thank you for submitting your question to HCM.
With any medication, there is often an adjustment period. However, if the medication is causing such side effects as you describe, it is imperative to discuss this with your doctor and consider changing dosage or medicine all together.
Also, if you are suspecting signs of Alzheimer dementia, it is very important to also bring this to the attention of your physician for full evaluation. There are medications which can be taken in the early stages of Alzheimer dementia which may mitigate the advancement of the disease.
Other conditions (such as cardiovascular disease) can sometimes present with changes similar to that observed in Alzheimer dementia. This certainly warrants further investigation with a good physical examination and possible adjunct testing.
I encourage you to bring these concerns to your doctor's attention immediately. Or, you may seek the advice of another physician for their assessment and opinion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of lethargy and tiredness
- Anorexia lethargy causes
- What could cause hallucinations sleepiness lethargy and tremors in arms
- What is the cause of lethargy despite sleeping well
- Lethargy causes
- Stomach pains with lethargy and dizziness causes
- What causes lethargy with apetite loss
- Does clomid cause lethargy
- Does magnesium and epson salt cause insomnia and lethargy
- Does h pylori cause lethargy