What causes severe leg pain after hip replacement surgery?
should consult a doctor
Thank you for posting the question on this platform.
I have gone through the medical history and symptoms of your husband.
The pain seems to be arising out of the operated hip joint.If the pain has been constant right from the day when he underwent the hip replacement surgery,then it suggests that there may be some issues with the implant fit.
He should definitely consult an orthopaedic doctor,preferably the one who has operated on him.
Stretching exercises and hot fomentation may help to some extent.
Muscle relaxant analgesics like ibuprofen/tizanidine will reduce the pain temporarily to some extent.
He should get his recent Xray of pelvis with both hips done.
I hope the answer was useful to you.
Feel free to ask me any doubts that you may have.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Depression after hip replacement surgery
- Restrictions after hip replacement surgery
- Thigh pain after hip replacement surgery
- Flying after hip replacement surgery
- Nausea after hip replacement surgery
- Fatigue after hip replacement surgery
- Exercises after hip replacement surgery
- Hip replacement surgery what to expect
- Severe leg pain causes
- Swelling after hip replacement surgery
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?