What causes severe leg cramps?
Increase fluid & elctrolyte intake &Color Doppler
Hi XXXX. These cramps could be due to electrolyte imbalances so you should keep up your fluid and electrolytes intake. It could also be due to DVT or Deep vein thrombosis if you have travelled long distances by air. Do you have any swelling in the affected limb? If yes, then I would advice you to get a Color Doppler of the venous system of that limb. This will confirm or rule out the above. Its a painless investigation like an Ultrasound. Do let me know the reports so that further advice can be extended. Take care and look forward to hearing from you.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe leg cramps genetics
- Getting severe leg cramps at night what is causing this
- What is the remedy for severe leg cramps during night
- What causes severe leg cramps in thighs and lower legs
- Severe leg cramps and hiv
- Sudden severe leg cramp pain
- Sudden and severe leg cramps
- What relieves severe leg cramps after chemotherapy
- Severe leg cramps during period
- Does levothyroxine cause severe leg cramps
- What causes abdominal pain despite Protonix usage for stomach ulcer?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to pancreatitis
- Suggest treatment for gynecomastia
- What causes sharp pain in lower side of belly button during periods?
- What causes severe leg cramps?
- Is leg swelling a serious concern when suffering from DVT?
- What causes pulsating pain near ribcage below waist line?
- What causes lump on upper outer part of left arm?
- What causes consistent pain around the pelvic area?
- What causes anemia and vitamin D deficiency?