What causes severe leg cramps?
diovan can cause high potassium
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Diovan is the family of drugs called ARB. Due to their mechanism of action they can cause an increase in levels of potassium. They block a receptor called angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB).
If you use both the diovan and potassium, then it is possible that the levels of potassium may go to high.
In terms of symptoms of low or high levels of potassium, both can be associated with muscle weakness, the others symptoms may vary. Low potassium would also cause heart abnormal rhythms and also slow down intestinal movement.
High potassium causes slow heart rhythms because it slows down the progression of the 'signal' through the heart.
Muscle cramps can sometimes be due to abnormal levels of sodium or calcium.
It can also be due to any issue with the circulation in some persons.
Summary: (1)diovan can cause high potassium, if you are going to use potassium supplements with these would need to monitor potassium levels
(2)low or high potassium cause muscle weakness though can affect other body systems differently
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe leg cramps genetics
- Getting severe leg cramps at night what is causing this
- What is the remedy for severe leg cramps during night
- What causes severe leg cramps in thighs and lower legs
- Severe leg cramps and hiv
- Sudden severe leg cramp pain
- Sudden and severe leg cramps
- What relieves severe leg cramps after chemotherapy
- Severe leg cramps during period
- Does levothyroxine cause severe leg cramps
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...