• question-icon

What causes severe left handed pain?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, I am having extreme pain in my left hand. It's on both sides of my wrist in the joints. It pops on the top of my hand as if it were catching. There is also burning in the joints. I am a nail technician so I use my hands a lot.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be re stenosis of carpal tunnel

Detailed Answer:
Hi , I am Dr Gopal Goel . Orthopedic Surgeon.
Since you had a carpal tunnel release about 10 yrs back, In my opinion there could be re stenosis in carpal tunnel.
I suggest you undergo NCV test for carpal tunnel and start a combination of pregabalin and Methycobalamine along with pain killers.
Thanx for the question. Pl feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon