What causes severe joint pain?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hello and thank you severe thumb joint pain r>l dropping things and avoiding using What's going on?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be arthritis or tendonitis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the joint of thumb can be due to arthritis or tendonitis. Doing a hot compress and application of local analgesic gel will help.
It is best to consult an orthopedician and get your uric acid levels also evaluated. Do get proper medicines prescribed for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 51 minutes later
Thank You !!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.