• question-icon

What causes severe itching in the scalp?

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello doctor my wife is complaining of itching in her scalp and in couple area there small wounds. All this happened after applying anti lice cream. Her skin is sensitive. Pls advice a medicine cream or lotion
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Steroid lotion and antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend her to apply topical steroid like mometasone lotion on itchy areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching for 7-10 days.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
This should resolve her problem.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist