What causes severe hip and lower back pain?

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have been having lower back on the left side and I can feel it some in my hip I suffer from sciatica and today after church I started having horrible pain in my right leg and in my hip and every time I walk and put my foot down I am not able to walk without pain in every step even when I'm sitting. It hurts so bad I am having to use my moms stroller that she uses to help her walk. What should I do help?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hip arthritis or spine spondylosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

It appears that you could be having a hip pathology.

I would advise you to use a walking stick in the opposite side while walking. Apply hot packs to the affected region.

Get an Xray of the hip AP and Lateral views and also of the lumbosacral spine.

Do upload the reports for my review. We need to rule out arthritis.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 37 minutes later
I have been told by a urgent care care doctor that I do have arthritis in back cuz I have had a car accident and since then I have had lots of cronic back pain and sciatic but my back I was told by a judge that is over seeing my disability case that I degenerative disk disease but that it is not severe enough. I don't know what to do?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRI

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the reply.

Please get MRI of the lumbosacral spine. This can be used as evidence of your disability.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana