What causes severe headache?
Is The more likely a surgury issue, or can The disks reabsorb over time and the headaches will stop when the nerve has the disk material off it
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that I feel that the headache is unrelated to the your compression problem. C7 nerve root compression will give rise to numbness, tingling or pain in its distribution of this nerve root in hand which you dont complain.
Generally surgeries on spine should be avoided as far as possible . Clinical symptoms should be taken into account while taking this decision and from the history that you give and the report that I read in my opinion you should wait rather than undergo surgery .
But your treating doctor will be the best person to take this decision as he has examined you and clinically knows the symptoms better.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches daily
- What causes severe headaches with anxiety and stress
- What is the cause and treatment for severe headaches
- What causes severe headaches and lump in neck
- What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting
- What could be the cause for severe headache
- What causes episodes of severe headache with relief on vomiting
- What causes severe headaches when having a poo
- What causes a severe headache
- Severe headaches in the afternoon what is the cause