What causes severe headache?
Plenty of water, cold compression, NSAID, MR
I went through the query and understood your concern.
Yes, the severe headache needs to be concerned. The cause for pain at lower back of head may be due to musculoskeletal cause or injury or ear infection or due to any inflammatory pain.
For now since you are already taking regular pain medications, I advice you to drink plenty of water, give cold compression and be relaxed.
Take NSAID like acetaminophen or ibuprofen which will help in reducing pain and muscle relaxant(MR) like chlorzoxazone or tizanidine with NSAID will help in case of musculoskeletal pain.
But you need to consult your doctor for any problem in ear or any local problem.
I hope this information helps you and answered your query. Feel free to ask if any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health.
chances are there. needs evaluation
yes. The chances of the previous injury causing current symptoms cannot be ruled out with evaluation. Since you told severe head ache, if not controlled with basic drugs you need to get evaluated for the cause. So scanning may be required to ruleout the pathology in brain.
MRI is a safer procedure to see any abnormalities. Since you are not recovered even with the previous procedure, looking at the problem is a good idea. So better to get evaluated. This does not mean another surgery.
I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health and faster recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches daily
- What causes severe headaches with anxiety and stress
- What is the cause and treatment for severe headaches
- What causes severe headaches and lump in neck
- What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting
- What could be the cause for severe headache
- What causes episodes of severe headache with relief on vomiting
- What causes severe headaches when having a poo
- What causes a severe headache
- Severe headaches in the afternoon what is the cause
- Experiencing slight pinches at the top of heart. Have heart burn and...
- Have low thyroid, having rashes and cramping in legs. Suggest the...
- Body tingles while coughing. Anything wrong?
- Have swelling in perineum. Having reddish discharge near anus. Diagnosis?
- On ropinerol and levodopa for parkinson's disease. Hallucinating...
- Is it possible to have a tonsil stone lodged in the epiglottis?
- Have tenderness on head. Taken methylprednisolone. Done blood test...
- Vein in hand keeps twitching and pulsating. Reason?
- Swallowed a gold crown. Suggest the treatment
- Friend suffering from chicken pox. Should I take any medicine as a...