What causes severe headache with pain in left eye and neck?

Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: I was out in the sun all day and got sunburnt. I was cold and tired. I got woken up by a splitting headache that wont go away. It gors from my left eye to neck.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 1 minute later
please take tablet paracetamol 500 mg and meet your doctor. thanks
Follow up: Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 2 minutes later
I have tried tylonol and advil and its not helping
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please take a painkiller like tablet diclofenac 50mg

Detailed Answer:
Hello

The pain which you are feeling may be due to exhaustion/dehydration or a cold causing a sinus infection, it is difficult to tell without examining you.

For the time being you can take tablet diclofenac 50mg 1 hour after food twice a day, it will reduce the pain ad do steam inhalation 2-3 times a day for 5-10 minutes.

If you develop fever or the pain does not decrease, then meet your ent doctor. he will examine your nose and sinuses and guide you further.

Please also drink lots of fluids and take rest.

you will be fine!!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad