What causes severe headache with nausea?
Seems to be Migraine. Provide further details
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
It seems to be either Migraine or Tension type headache.
Give me following details so that I can help you better:
1. Headache is unilateral or bilateral?
2. Any throbbing associated?
3. Any photophobia, phonophobia?
4. How is your sleep?
5. How many times a week do you get this headache and for how much duration does it stays?
6. Any blurring of vision?
7. Any band like sensation over head?
This is my best opinion for you. Reply with above details for a better help.
It seems to be Migraine.
I usually advise following in Migraine:
1. To take Tab Flunarizine 10 mg once a day.
2. To take Tab Amitryptilline 10 mg once in night time.
3. To take a combination of Naproxen and Domperidone as on when required basis for pain.
4. Try to fix a schedule of your life. Sleeping 8 hours a day specially on fix time helps a lot.
5. Avoid caffeine, Smoking, Beer, Alcohol, Lemon, Cheese.
I am sure you would be benefitted.
Discuss with your doctor to start you on this treatment.
I would like to hear from you after 1 month, to discuss further treatment modification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches daily
- Severe headache feeling nausea and vomiting cause and cure
- What is the cause and treatment for severe headaches
- Severe headache nausea and feeling wam causes
- What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting
- What could be the cause for severe headache
- What causes episodes of severe headache with relief on vomiting
- What causes severe headaches when having a poo
- What causes a severe headache
- Severe headaches in the afternoon what is the cause
- Are there interactions between Promethazine and Provigil?
- What causes sharp pain from right side radiating down to groin area?
- How to avoid high cholesterol and diabetes?
- What are side effects of over dosed eliquis?
- What causes muscle cramps with bloating,nausea and vaginal spotting?
- What causes fever and bumps on neck in a diabetic patient?
- What causes confusion and fearfulness after blood transfusions?
- Suggest treatment for Acute Transverse Myelitis
- What causes tremors in arms and hands?
- How long levofloxacin takes to get out of system inspite of its side...