What causes severe headache when diagnosed with cerebral aneurysm?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi, I have a 5mm cerebral aneurysm, I have had a headache (mild) and vision disturbances for the past 4 days should I be concernedcbcmariecardona@yahoo
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Where is the aneurysm located? Can you upload the report for review?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. There is information required to clearly respond to this question which is lacking.

1. When was the last time this aneurysm was evaluated?
2. Where is it located? I will need the report to determine this.

If this aneurysm is located at a point that can interfere with vision if it grows bigger, then we have to be worried. If not, then these symptoms cannot be linked to it and may rather represent something else like migraine headaches and not aneurysm related.

I hope to hear from you so that we can continue from there on.