What causes severe headache, vomiting, muscle pain, nasal bleeding and high fever?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Accident and Emergency
Question: well i have a friend over and about four days ago i found her on the kitchen floor in the middle of the night.since then she had remained bed ridden and uncomfortable 24/7. i took her to the er twice and they did nothing. so far her symptoms include extreme headache, vomiting non stop, she cant hold anything down for more than 15 min or so, extreme hip pain,muscle pain. fatigue bloody nose, confussion sometimes she will just sit up in bed and stare at her hands with this confused look on her face.temperature reaching 105. she is very dehydrated and she also has a bone disease. over the counter stuff works a little and she cant take anything stronger without doctor.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She needs medical attention

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

These symptoms are not specific to any disease but it seems like she has some serious issue. 105 fever is huge and it needs proper work up. Mostly such fevers are caused by some infection.

I would suggest you to contact her GP immediately. He can get her blood works done for infection and other issues. OTC meds are just symptomatic and they are not targetted.

In your friend's case she needs a proper diagnosis and she needs to be treated accordingly. Only a targetted approach will help her get better otherwise im afraid she might get worse.

Yes there are a few things you can do.

1) Hydrate her and also give her salt replacement with ORS or something.
2) Use Tylenol if pain and OTC anti emetics(anti vomiting) for vomiting if any.
3) She should use syrup gaviscon thrice a day if there is stomach upset or pain.
4) Avoid fizzy drinks, coffee caffeine, smoking and alocohol(what ever is relevant)
5) Meet the doctor as soon as possible for proper medication.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.