What causes severe headache, dizziness and weakness after taking Duzela?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi, I am a fibromyalgia patient. My doctor recently suggested to take Duzela 20mg as Pregabalin is not working for me any more. With Duzela, I have lot of relief with pains. But I am getting severe headache and feel dizzy & weak. Are these symptoms temporary or should I discontinue the medicine? I do not want to discontinue if the side effects are temporary
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The side effects are temporary.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

Duzela (duloxetine) is a good and effective drug for treating fibromyalgia. The side effects such as headache and dizziness are commonly seen with duloxetine, however, they are temporary, and go away in a few weeks. So, you should continue Duzela.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,     
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 51 minutes later
Thank you so much for your immediate response. Though doctor prescribed me to take duzela 20mg once a day, I started taking it alternate days due to these symptoms. Is that Ok? Or should I take it once a day, despite of these side effects. Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take it once daily at nights

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Please take it once daily at nights for good benefit.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist