What causes severe headache and neck stiffness?
Provide more details regarding headache
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Most commonly in young age CT negative headache is either migraine or tension type.
Provide more details regarding headache.
Duration of headache?
Associated nausea, vomiting or sensitivity to light or sound?
Character of headache: throbbing, Bursting
Aggravating factors like missing meal and sleep disturbances?
Anxiety or stress?
Family history of migraine?
Provide these details.
These headache may take some time to respond to medication.
Continue pain killers till then.
Dr N Kumar
Possibility of migraine headache
Throbbing headache with nausea and irratic lifestyle points to diagnosis of migraine.
You should avoid skipping meals, take proper sleep. Avoid awakening till late night.
Take prophylaxis for migraine with amitryptiline and Flunarizine.
Short duration pain killers like Naproxen can be taken for 5-7 days.
Hope you recover early.
Wishing you good health.
Dr N Kumar
Take pain killers and rest
In my patients with similar complains I prefer to give trial of naxdom 500 mg twice daily for 5 days with omeprazole once daily empty stomach.
The continuous prophylaxis with amitriptyline or flunarizine may be started later if no response occurs.
Dr N XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches daily
- What is the cause and treatment for severe headaches
- What causes severe headaches and lump in neck
- What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting
- Severe headache and stiff neck
- Stiff neck severe headache dark smelly pee
- What could be the cause for severe headache
- Severe headache chills body aches stiff neck
- What causes a severe headache
- Severe headaches in the afternoon what is the cause