What causes severe headache and back pain after masturbation?

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Sir i'm suffering from thumbing headach afer masturbation ..pain continue for two to three day after masturbation...pain around eye,neck,back pain and around whole head and feel pressure around eyes and it turns red..No problem in eyes i went for checkup ..due to all this i'm not able to concenterate on my studies..and often forget whatever i read..From very beginning (from age 14 ) got addicted to masturbation...But now i do after 5 days but still i suffer pain..my age 25 and i'm unmarried
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is primary headache associated with sexual activities.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
You are suffering from primary headache associated with sexual activities or post orgasmic headache.
This type of headache begins with sexual excitement dull in nature and intensity increases gradually with peaking with orgasm.
For this you can refrain sexual activity or take some medication like propranolol for some time after consulting a neurologist.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 12 hours later
Sir,during night in dreams i start masturbating without thinking bad...then my start paining in morning...plz suggest how to get rid of this habit
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try propranolol for few weeks

Detailed Answer:
You can try propranolol (Betacap Treatment 40 mg) once a night for few weeks if you are not suffering from any cardiac or respiratory problems.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj