What causes severe headache and TIA?

Posted on Mon, 9 Jun 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I went away 3 years ago to Punta Cana. Was there a day and ended up in their ICU with little to no chance of survival. I was there for 3 weeks until I was stable enough to fly back to the states via medical transport. From then on I have had severe COPD and they thought for sure metastatic lung cancer last March. It ended up being a non tuburculin form of TB. Don't ask I have no idea but I know that my lungs are severely damaged, I'm on oxygen at night and I also have gastroparisys and am down to 90 lbs since I can neither eat nor hold anything down if I do get something in me. I'm on Zofran 8mg 3 x's day, I was on pain meds for the severe stomach/abdominal pain but have gone off for roughly a year due to the fact that I was afraid to become addicted. I tried domperidome from Canada which did nothing except irritate my acid reflux and I was on reglin but still have side affects such as twitching and not controlling my leg or arm movements at times. I am also having XXXXXXX strokes and lesions on the brain. They found a small brain anuysm two years ago and now just found one on my aorta. My arteries are clear. I have swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin and I am starting with black outs or just enough to fall and not feel steady on my feet or while sitting. I was referred to a neurologist and need to go but would like to know what the ischemia something is on the brain and is this what could be causing the severe head pains and TIA's? I'm a real mess also along with my son. I was also punched in the head many times during my married life which was about 10 years of it. He did the same to my children and that is when we left. Could this have caused the anurysm or lesions? I do go to a neurologist at UPENN to watch me for MS which I'm sure I don't have but I go anyway. That was due to the falling and the differences she found in certain things in me and my scans. I also have no real feeling in my feet but I do have severe numbness in both legs hips arms and fingers. And bone pain in all extremeties. Also XXXXXXX horses that are frequent such as 3 or so a night. Any suggestions or thoughts besides I'm crazy lol. I already know that but I have all the scans to prove the rest. Thank you for taking the time with me. I truly appreciate it. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your story is really amazing.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your medical as well as personal details. I am really amazed at your fighting spirit and I salute you.

Regarding the ischemia, it refers to lack of blood flow to the brain. I think these are small lesions of ischemia, and hence, there is no need to worry. These ischemic lesions can cause headaches and TIAs. I noted that you are allergic to aspirin, so, you may need to take CLOPIDOGREL tablets to prevent further ischemia.

Head punching has not led to the aneurysms, however, it may have led to a few ischemic lesions. If the aneurysms are small, then, there is no need to worry. If they are large, they would need to be clipped or coiled to prevent bleeding due to its rupture.

I agree with you that you have little chances of MS at this stage.

Lymph nodes in the neck could be due to tuberculosis.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist