What causes severe hair loss while taking Losartan?
Not a side effect of Losartan
Thank you for using HCM to post your concern.
I read it carefully and I understand.
Hair loss is not one of the side effects of Losartan.
So, my opinion is that, it either is a physiological hair loss, or has been a coincidence that it started when you started Losartan, and you need to rule out the cause of hair loss.
Once on few years, the hair needs to fall, so the new hair start gradually growing. If you have new hair appearing, than it most probably is physiological loss. It happens sometimes that is seems scary how much the loss seems like, but actually its normal, as soon as new hair is growing.
On the other side, if you really think it is not normal the loss you are having, I would recommend to consider some labs, to rule out pathological causes of hair loss- a CBC test, TSH for thyroid function, Kidney and lover functions.
Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications. I would be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes hair loss
- What causes severe hair loss with normal iron levels
- What causes hair loss in men
- What causes severe hair loss and loss of eyebrow
- Severe hairfall had ivf whats the cause for hair loss
- Does losartan cause hair loss
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- Can losartan potassium cause hair loss
- What antidepressants cause hair loss
- What causes severe d dandruff and hair loss