What causes severe hair loss while on Insulin?
Under active thyroid and anemia should be exluded.
Welcome and thank you for asking!
I can understand your concern but i would like to inform you that until now it is not reported such a side effect of insulin.
I would suggest you to ecxulde an under active thyroid because hair loss is often a symptom of hypothyroidism.
- TSH, FT4 and FT3 are the hormones that reflect the thyroid function.
-A full blood count helps to decide if anemia is present. It may also be a cause of hair loss.
Please attach the result and it will be a pleasure to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes hair loss
- What causes severe hair loss with normal iron levels
- What causes hair loss in men
- What causes severe hair loss and loss of eyebrow
- Severe hairfall had ivf whats the cause for hair loss
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- What antidepressants cause hair loss
- What causes hair loss when on levothyroxine
- What causes severe d dandruff and hair loss
- What is the cause of recurrent fainting hair loss