What causes severe hair loss while on Eltroxin?
About hypothyroidism treatment.
The TSH hormone was very high one month ago, suggesting for a profound hypothyroidism that needs to be corrected.
The treatment you have started has been efficient because the TSH is improved. Normally, we expect the symptoms to get improved once the under active thyroid is corrected.
We would suggest to change the treatment if the TSH was still high under treatment.
So, there is no need to change to Armor thyroid.
I would suggest to continue with the same dose and check the TSH after 2 week as it needs 6 weeks to see the real result.
If it persists high you need to increase the dose.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Mirjeta Guni,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes hair loss
- What causes severe hair loss with normal iron levels
- What causes hair loss in men
- What causes severe hair loss and loss of eyebrow
- Severe hairfall had ivf whats the cause for hair loss
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- What antidepressants cause hair loss
- What causes hair loss when on levothyroxine
- What causes severe d dandruff and hair loss
- What is the cause of recurrent fainting hair loss
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?